Today VPNs are very popular among large crowds and a large number of VPN service providers have come into the game. Most of the VPN service providers offer you the facility to use the VPN service on multiple and different platform devices including android. All we have to do is that download the compatible software programs from the official website. But what will you do if the official client software version of the VPN does not work on your device? In that case, you have to do manual configuration on your android device. So in this article, I will help you to set up or configure VPN service on your android device manually. Every android phone has built-in settings to configure a VPN service.
- How to use the built in vpn on Android?
- How to turn vpn on Android or how to connect vpn on Android?
How to Set up or Configure a VPN on Android manually?
Simply follow the given steps to get your android device connected to a VPN service. All you need are the credentials that are provided to you by your VPN service provider.
- Go to the ‘Settings’ option on your phone. The procedure to reach the ‘Settings’ option may vary with the device make and manufacturer.
- Move to the ‘Network’ options.
- Just look for the ‘VPN’ option and click on it.
- Now add a new VPN connection.
- A new screen will appear which had all the necessary settings and text fields to insert the credentials such as the Username, Password, Server name, etc.
- Insert all these necessary credentials that your VPN service provider has given to you , and click on ‘save’.
Finally you have successfully configured a VPN connection on your Android device. Simply connect to your VPN and enjoy the VPN services.
Hopefully this article would help you to navigate through all the steps to get you VPN configured on your android device.