Review and Expert’s Opinion Nord VPN
- 2 Years @ $3.71/month
- 1 Year @ $4.92/month
- 1 Month @ $11.95/month
NordVPN is one of the top VPN services and is the most preferred one in the USA according to many review sites. It has great speed and a huge number of over 5,079 servers in 60+ countries. Usually, iOS users have different devices, so this VPN is the best suited for iOS devices since 6 simultaneous devices can be connected in one subscription. It has an app which is not as user-friendly as other services, but nevertheless sustainable basic features. Speeds are great for HD video streaming and a kill switch for connection to cut automatically in case of VPN failure.
- DNS Leak protection
- Onion over VPN for extra security
- Automatic Kill Switch
- A number of servers: 4344 worldwide.
- Number of server locations: 62+ countries
- P2P Allowed
- Good speed
- Secure and fast streaming
- Privacy: The privacy value of NordVPN scores well with its AES-256-CBC support using a 2048-bit Diffie-Hellman key. All VPNs are valued based on the support for encryption technologies and though it isn’t quite up to the highest standards of RSA, it’s more than enough encryption power for most situations. NordVPN also gives you a Double VPN system where your internet traffic goes to one VPN from there it is re-encrypted and sent to a second NordVPN server, and finally sent to its destination.
- Performance: For starters, NordVPN helps you access US Netflix, BBC iPlayer and Hulu from anywhere in the world. Speed is pretty good for streaming and is best for short hops where it even beats the leader, ExpressVPN. In case you are a novice user, unsure what to do – the client chooses a location for you based on your priorities. NordVPN’s specialty servers help in torrenting and gaming. Overall, it’s a good package that is user-friendly with good server selection features and satisfactory performance.
- Logging: According to NordVPN, they have a strict no-logs policy and they also refine the definition and do not take customers for a ride. So their no logs policy also covers general logging of internet activities and also session logging details. What VPN providers say on the front page isn’t always what you’ll read in their policy in small print, so it was always good to verify on small print as well.
- Netflix: The ability to access geoblocked websites is what makes a VPN service much sought after. Many sites like Youtube, BBC iPlayer and Netflix can be unblocked easily with NordVPN on every server we tried. Overall, NordVPN rates very well in this area. However, this is no guarantee than NordVPN can unblock every site possible but its success rate is above average.
- Malware blocking: When you connect to a NordVPN server, you benefit from their CyberSec feature which prevents malware on your system. NordVPN’s CyberSec is being kept up-to-date and performing very good malware blocking task, although it’s still no substitute for a real antivirus engine. It is also said to sometimes block legitimate sites, and the feature doesn’t allow you to selectively ignore alerts.
Pros & Cons
- Unlimited VPN bandwidth
- P2P supported
- No logging and military-grade encryption
- Double VPN for extra encryption
- Reliable speed
- 30-Day money back Guarantee
- Up to 6 VPN connections in 1 account simultaneously
- Variable speeds across servers
- Kill switch is only for apps
More About Nord
– All plans are pretty straightforward! You can choose the option of $11.95 (£9.19) a month with the regular monthly plan.
– In the case of a 6-month plan, opt for the effective $9 (£6.92) a month billed every six months.
– The yearly plan further offers you a discounted price of $6.99 (£5.38) a month (a chunky 41% discount).
– The icing on the cake is the special deal priced at only $3.99 for two years up-front. We think this is the best deal on offer!
Platforms Available On