Pure VPN has great reviews and is trusted by over a million users. PureVPN is loaded with loads of useful features and gives you decent performance. PureVPN offers absolute internet freedom with online privacy. Pure VPN has great reviews and is trusted by over a million users. It offers great geographical diversity as well so speed is good.
- Unlimited Bandwidth
- Dedicated IP addresses
- 2000+ servers, 140 countries
- Split Tunneling
- Access to all servers
- P2P enabled
- Dedicated streaming servers
- Access any website without restrictions
- NAT Firewall
- Wi-Fi security – The PureVPN automatically detects when your device connects to a public Wi-Fi and enables the VPN giving you instant security.
- Dedicated IP addresses – You get access to a dedicated IP address for accessing services like BBC iPlayer and Netflix.
- Internet Security Suite- It is composed of ‘Ozone’ and ‘Gravity’ features which are great for security
- Advanced Port Forwarding- This is especially useful if you need to remote access your computer so that the VPN does not get in your way.
You have to download the client software from the official website and install it. Just follow the step-wise instructions. Once the installation is done, you can go to the login page and create an account. You can then customize your experience based on what you wish to do with the VPN services.
The client menu has a dashboard, a global map and you can choose a VPN service based on location or purpose. The global map option contains server lists and the latest and greatest option shows all VPN related news and the blog.
Performance and Reliability
PureVPN’s software does a great job and their overall performance and download speed are noteworthy. When we performed relevant tests, they score well in both these areas. According to the tests we performed while doing research for this PureVPN review, they manage to deliver in both fields. With only a 5% drop in speed, the burden of connecting via a VPN is never felt. It has good connectivity too without any issues.
PureVPN has one of the fastest download speed when tested using the new speed test system from BestVPN.com. The test is performed in the incognito mode for avoiding caching issues however the speed performance will be affected due to excessive security issues.
Security and Privacy
You get client software for PC, Mac, Android, and iOS besides Linux. PureVPN software is compatible with more than twenty devices. It also provides some great features like NAT firewall, Split tunneling, kills switch and many more. There is very little speed loss in any platform and the iOS and Android apps are great.
They provide 24/7 support through a live chat option clearly. They provide an email ticket support system as well but we did not find them too competent in technical issues and it’s important they improve their knowledge.
- PureVPN now offers a brand feature called Virtual outer, which lets you to turn your desktop or laptop computer into a router which can be connected up to ten devices. But it works only on Windows-based computer.
- It has apps for every major platform including Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, as well as Linux.
- With any PureVPN package, you can connect up to five devices with one single account
- Really good features for the money paid
- Apps and setup guides improve ease of use
- Unblocks Netflix
- Streaming servers should improve
- No free trial
Their pricing is cheap and you get a lot of features for the amount you pay. Get great discounts like 77% off for the 2-year security plan for a lifetime.
Highlights of PureVPN
PureVPN has plenty of features since it has been providing services since 2007. Here some of the biggest highlights from their service.
- 2000+ servers in 140+ countries
- Wi-Fi security
- Ozone enabled servers
- Highly encrypted
- Split Tunneling
- P2P file sharing
Conclusion – Do we recommend PureVPN?
PureVPN has some amazing features but we would hesitate to rate it No.1 as the Chrome plug-in and streaming servers did not perform as we expected. The network of servers is outstanding and you have value for money. A good choice for most users!