We all are aware of the benefits of VPNs (a virtual private network) in the present world. It is a server that links you to the other network and redirects your internet activities. It completely hides your IP address and replaces it with one of its own so that the snooping eyes don’t come to know your exact location. With the remarkable increase in online censorship, the role of VPNs has changed to a greater extent.
Quick Look on the additional information on VPN’s For Windows
Best VPNs for Windows Comparison
So here is the list of best VPNs for Windows and offer you the continuous internet surfing with full security and anonymity at great speed.
Here, we have provided the detailed reviews of each VPN with Features, What we Liked and What we don’t liked. Check them and choose the best based on your requirement
1. Nord VPNNord VPN is amazing with some of the best VPN services. It is one of the most preferred ones in India with great feedback on review sites. It offers great speed and has 5,000+ servers in over 60 countries. This VPN is the best suited for iOS devices as it offers 6 simultaneous devices to be connected in one subscription. It can unblock US Netflix as well as iPlayer and it provides fast connections for HD streaming. It also has a 30-day money-back guarantee. This VPN is perfect to provide privacy from your ISP and to stay secure on a public Wi-Fi without a hack.
What we like
- DNS Leak protection
- Secure and fast streaming
- Number of server locations: 62+ countries
- Number of servers: 5000+ worldwide.
- Automatic Kill Switch
- Onion over VPN for extra security
- Good speed
- P2P Allowed
What we don’t like
- 24/7 Customer Service
- No Logs Policy
- Great Speeds
- Relatively Expensive
- It is definitely not the Fastest VPN
2. Express VPNA veteran in the VPN industry, this is trusted by a majority across the world for its premium services, zero-logs policy, and strong OpenVPN encryption. It has servers in 94 countries and is known for its high speed. It also provides a kill switch and DNS leak protection. It unblocks Netflix US and BBC iPlayer and comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee
What we like
- No connection or activity logs
- VPN split channeling
- Content from anywhere
- Speed Test feature
- 256-bit AES encryption
- Offshore privacy protection
- 24 hour chat support
- Servers in 94 countries
What we don’t like
- VPN Split Tunneling
- 24 hour Chat Support
- Apps for every Device
- 30 Day Money-Back Guarantee
- Expensive compared to other Services
- Advanced Configurations very limited
3. IvacyIvacy VPN is a 10-year-old Singapore based service that is one of the best in the industry. One can use this server for downloading and streaming. This makes it a purposed based server. It is designed to fit all and serve as a one-size-fits-all solution. This allows users to skip all hassles that one can usually associate with finding more than one VPN for any desired experience
What we like
- The blazing fast speed at any location and time
- A network of 450+ servers in 100 locations worldwide
- Unrestricted access that reduces all the limitations and one can access any global website
- Secure and anonymous browsing for 100% security and privacy
- It comes with an internet kill switch that shuts your activities
- No log records are maintained
What we don’t like
- Fast speed
- Highly encrypted
- Provides a solid 24/7 support
- Unblocks Netflix
- Best for torrent
- P2P optimized servers
- Well designed apps
- Secure network with great firewalls
- Live chat option is not ideal for technical queries
- Cannot connect in some countries
4. HideMyAssHideMyAss resolves all your problems. The pun of the name indicates the Virtual Private Network (VPN) service provider protects your privacy and security of data. If you are looking at safety, speed, and access in your VPN connection, then Hide your ass addresses them all. Your data is protected where ever you are accessing the internet. Your online activities will not be correlated with your location to safeguard your identity. It is a user authenticated enterprise VPN that lets you connect from anywhere in the world with a user name and password. The firm offers many secured encryption and various other tools for masking the links posted by the customer in many third-party tools. The hardware network has surpassed many limitations of VPN security and works at jet speed.
What we like
- Server locations (Countries): 290 locations across 190 countries
- Number of servers: 1100+
- Number of devices per license: 5
- Kill switch: Included
- VPN logs: No
- Number of IP Addresses: 110,000
- Strong encryption with security assurance
What we don’t like
- Good download speed
- It allows Torrenting
- It assures No logging
- High cost compared with competitors
- App crashes issue
5. CyberGhostCyberGhost is a Romania based VPN Service that allows it’s users to browse the internet without any inhibitions. It helps keep their internet connection secure and encrypted. CyberGhost uses one of the strongest industry-standard encryption – 256-bit AES as well as OpenVPN. It has a 45-day money-back guarantee which is much higher than the usual 30-day offer of other VPNs. To get your hands on the latest CyberGhost VPN coupons and discount offers, keep track of this space and watch out on their site during festive seasons too.
What we like
- Number of Server Locations is over 90 countries
- The platforms and devices covered are Mac, Windows, iOS, Android, Linux, Router. Apart from the standard platform, CyberGhost covers routers also.
- The browser extensions are also available for Firefox and Chrome.
- The Orion Router or TOR is an anonymous network that relays the customer data through various servers practically making it impossible to scout your identity.
What we don’t like
- Seven –days money-back guarantee
- Zero traffic log
- User-friendly apps for all the devices
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Anonymous torrenting
- The interface on the desktop can be a bit clunky at times
- Doesn’t bypass the Great Firewall of China
Know More About VPNs
Previously the VPNs were only used by big firms and businesses where the employees could distantly access the establishment’s server. But now, VPNs are the basic need of every type of business whether small or big keeping their data safe from hackers by hiding their virtual identity. The VPN offers full confidentiality of data, sender authentication to avoid illegal access, and message truthfulness.
Why do you need VPNs?
The Internet has surely become more restrictive compared to the earlier days where you could simply access anything you wanted. This is also due to the increase in malicious threats and cybercrime where user security is compromised. However, being recognizable when on the Internet also has its fair share of disadvantages such as targeted ads and inaccessible content. That is why we need an anonymous VPN service to browse the web privately. Luckily one can find a plethora of free VPN service providers in the market. A good VPN service, besides being safe ensures that your identity is protected while you use the Internet.
Why would you use a VPN Service?
People think that only corporations and governments need VPN services since they allow employees to remotely access files, work from home, etc. A VPN can offer a lot more, with features that are of interest to private users. All VPN networks can help protect your identity and your financial information, as well as maintain your anonymity while you browse the Internet, let you encrypt Skype calls, provide remote access to your files, and much more.
How can you get a VPN account?
The easiest way to obtain a VPN account is to purchase access from a VPN provider. It is no different than purchasing Internet access from an Internet service provider (ISP).
Is a Free VPN Service safe to use?
This is a difficult question to answer. For a VPN provider who offers free, so you should always be skeptical of a “free” service or a deal too good to be true. The best way to understand the relative security of VPN providers is to determine how they make money. There are some safe free VPN services, but these are rare. The best solution is to find a paid service that has a strong commitment to service and your privacy.
Will a VPN slow down your Internet?
Some VPN services will slow down your Internet. However, a good VPN can improve Internet speeds by optimizing connections between two computers to limit the number of links in the chain.
What is the payment structure for a VPN service?
You pay for a VPN like you would an ISP which is in monthly installments. Many VPN services offer tiered services, which allow you to choose the features you need. In the majority of cases, obtaining VPN services is like paying for the services you want.
How to choose the best VPN?
- Compatibility – It should run on multiple operating systems and devices.
- Encryption – 256-bit encryption best, but some services offer only 128-bit encryption.
- Stability – It should be reliable and work with most Wi-FI hotspots.
- Speed – It should not slow down browsing and file access when you are on the web.
- Setup –Easy setup with no complicated instructions and intuitive.
Do you have to use the VPN every time you log in and browse the internet?
You can choose to access the Internet with the VPN services enabled or disabled. You only have to use it when you choose.
How can you use a VPN on your mobile device?
Using a VPN on a mobile device is often no different than using it on a standard computer. The apps can be downloaded from your service provider which allows you to access the features your VPN service provides.
What are the standard VPN protocols?
There are several types of VPN protocol including IP Security (IPSec), Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), Transport Layer Security (TLS), Point-To-Point Tunneling Protocol (PPTP), and Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol (L2TP).
VPN FAQ’s for Windows
How does a VPN work?
There are many VPNs available in the market, but there are limitations attached to some like a few are only for Mac systems or some are for Windows. But most of the VPNs work on all the devices irrespective of the operating systems they have. So, after buying a VPN subscription and installing it on your system, just launch it when you want to go for unrestricted and secret surfing on the net. Your ISP will see only the encrypted info when you use the VPN. So, the VPN works to keep your identity hidden and your data safe.
With the use of a VPN, you are always secure and anonymous on the internet. You can surf any website with geo-restrictions and get unrestricted access to the censored content. The best VPNs for Windows allow you to have uninterrupted access to any servers in any country. The main benefit of having a Windows PC is that you get a wide range of choices while choosing a VPN service. Most of the VPNs do work on Windows operating system.
Why do you need a VPN for Windows?
A Virtual Private Network (VPN) is one of the most important privacy and security tools you can install on your PC. A VPN for Windows has the following advantages:
- You can prevent your internet provider from knowing what are doing on the internet.
- Protect you against hackers and untrustworthy router hosts when using public WiFi hotspots.
- Torrent safely
- Help protect you against NSA-style blanket government surveillance.
- Geo-spoof your location in order to watch streaming services that block access based on your geographic location.
- Bypass censorship
Can you get a free VPN for Windows?
Yes. Most free services are still very limited compared to their paid-for alternatives, but there are now some VPN services for Windows which offer a very acceptable service for free users.
Even the best ones are limited in ways that paid-for ones are not. This is usually in the form of a limited number of servers, limited bandwidth, or limited speeds.
Do you need a VPN when torrenting?
Yes. When you download a file using the BitTorrent protocol, what you are actually doing is sharing small pieces of it with everyone else who is downloading that same file. A file is downloaded once you have all the pieces needed to reassemble that file.
What are the disadvantages of VPN for Windows
There is only one main disadvantage with a VPN installation on a Windows computer. It is its cost. There are of course many free versions on the internet, but the best options must be paid for. So it is better to settle for moderately priced ones based on your requirement to maintain a balance.
How to set up a VPN connection for your Windows?
Setting up a VPN connection with Windows requires you to have the proper credentials to access a server. You may be required to take the help of your system administrator. Log on to your Windows system with an administrator account and follow steps that will be assisted by your service provider.
Most of the VPNs work perfectly with the Windows operating system as it is the most common technology used by most people. There might be a few VPNs that do not support Windows OS, but the list will be too small. Windows are the most irresistible operating systems in the world and if you have it, then you will have ample VPN options to choose from.
The above-mentioned best VPNs for Windows work perfectly for Windows systems. There are hundreds of VPNs available in the market but we have just picked the seven for you. The best choice according to me is Express VPN and Avira phantom. Before choosing any VPN, do check the prices because some of them are a little heavy on the pockets if you are on a budget.
Hope you are happy with the above options for the best VPNs for Windows. If your friends are also looking for the best VPNs for Windows, do share this post with them.